President McKinley II AM/FM SSB
- Limited Edition with AM/FM!
- Compatible with both 12 & 24-volt vehicles
- NOAA weather channels, channel scanning, automatic squelch & more
- DIN size with a front facing speaker or in-dash installations
Limited Edition with newly-added AM/FM capability! Grab this rugged SSB radio before it's gone for good. The McKinley thrives in dusty & harsh working conditions where most other SSB radios fall short. If you are looking for a ruggedly reliable (and handsome) SSB radio for your Jeep, Cruiser or commercial vehicle, this is the clear choice. We won't go on about all the other features such as NOAA weather, channel scanning and automatic squelch, but we could... If you need a tough SSB radio, get the McKinley. Oh, and you can extend the warranty to 5-years when you buy a President antenna at the same time. That's pretty awesome!
|Model / SKU:||President MCKINLEY II|
|Recommended for:||Drivers who need a rugged SSB CB radio with AM/FM capability. This radio is ideal for off-road use in Jeeps, Cruisers, Tractors and HD equipment.|
|Radio Features:||AM/FM, Single Side Band (SSB), Weather, Backlit Display, Built in SWR Meter, PA, Beep Function, ANL/NB & Hi-cut Filters, Roger Beep, Channel Scanning, Automatic Squelch, Instant Channel 9/19, RF Gain, VOX hands free, Lights, Dimmer|
|Compatible with all CB antennas on the market. Ideally suited for installation in single DIN radio slots, but can also be mounted easily with the included "U" bracket. This CB features a front speaker and rear external speaker port.|
|Radio and 6-pin microphone|
Mounting bracket and hardware
Power cord with Fuse
|Two Years OR Five Years with the purchase of a President Antenna|
|6.69” x 5.91” x 2.05” / 170 x 150 x 52 mm|
|To download / view manual, please click here.|
- AM/FM Capability
- Backlit Display with 3 color options - Change the color of the backlit display to orange, green, or blue.
- 40 AM and 80 SSB Channels- 40 AM, 40 Upper Side Band, 40 Lower Side Band
- NOAA Weather Channels - Instant access to national weather channels and alerts for severe weather, even if not specifically monitoring weather channels
- Built in SWR Meter - auto beep tuning
- Automatic/Manual Squelch - An optional function that allows the radio to automatically or manually squelch out static, depending on your preference.
- PA Capability - Use CB radio as a public address system with PA speaker; incoming signals can also be monitored through PA
- 12/24 volt - One of the only CB's on the market that will work with either 12 or 24 volt vehicles. This is ideal for heavy duty equipment as you don't have to add a power converter.
- Dual Watch - lets you watch over channel 9 or 19 and the current channel.
- RF Gain - Adjusts receive gain in weak and strong signal areas
- Instant Channel 9/19 - Easily toggle between channels 9 & 19
- Roger Beep - Optional Roger beep that activates after keying the microphone
- Talkback - Hear your transmission after you send it
- External Vox Microphone Jack - The President McKinley SSB is compatible with voice-activated microphones for hands free use.
- Memory Channel - One memory channel is available
- Compact Size - Mounts easily in small-cab vehicles
I’m still playing with this radio and all it can do. I like the smaller size, front-facing speaker, and the ability to skip channels while scanning. The built-in SWR meter is very helpful and seems accurate. I haven’t quite figured out sideband yet and haven't found anyone else on FM, but I’m sure that will come. On the negative, I am having a problem with alternator whine (even when connected directly to the battery) in the truck where I’ve installed it and that seems to be frequent issue with these in particular. No regrets tho and I kinda wish I’d have bought a second one for my other truck as well.