GALAXY DX 959G
- The best unit Galaxy offers with a five-digit frequency counter and long-range SSB performance
- Jam packed with features including auto SWR calibration and an illuminated meter
It’s okay to want it all. That’s why Galaxy designed the DX 959G AM/SSB. It’s for the CBer that insists on having a rig that’s literally out of this world. Top-notch features include an end-of-transmission roger beep, variable output power, RF gain, PA, high-SWR alert, mic gain, clarifier control, talk back, automatic SWR calibration for simpler antenna tuning and, of course, long-range SSB operations. Good news if you plan on doing some stargazing: the easy-to-read meter is even illuminated for evening rides. To see how the DX 959G compares to other Galaxy radios, see our Galaxy Feature Comparison Chart.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Galaxy requires customers to ship all radios needing repair or warranty work directly to the manufacturer (Galaxy) after purchase. This includes radios that arrive defective. Due to this policy, we are unable to accept returns on Galaxy radios.
|Model / SKU:
|Galaxy DX959G AM/SSB
|Users who want the benefit of long-range SSB communications in a full-featured radio. Most commonly used with semis, full size trucks and other vehicles with ample room for mounting a large radio. Not recommended for industrial or high-impact use.
Roger Beep, Talkback, PA, auto SWR meter, antenna warning indicator, blue 5 digit frequency display, tone control, dim control, ANL/NB, RF and Mic gain, variable power control and blue LED channel display.
|Compatible with all CB antennas on the market. Radio mounts with "U" mounting bracket to any flat surface. Single Side Band (SSB) transmissions utilize the frequencies just above and below the standard 40 CB channels, can legally transmit at 12 watts (instead of 4 watts for standard CBs), and can achieve significantly improved range. SSB radios can communicate on the standard 40 CB AM channels with all CB users, but are only able to use SSB for long-range communication if BOTH parties have an SSB-equipped radio.
|7-7/8" W x 9-1/4" D x 2-1/8" H
|To download / view the manual please click here.
The DX 959 is Galaxy's most popular CB radio due to its SSB operations and large five-digit frequency counter. With a host of other great features, this is a great radio to have if you're looking for a full-function SSB unit that can be fine-tuned.
- AM and SSB Operations - Increased range with Single Side Band (SSB) operations
- Five-Digit Frequency Counter - Large readout of your current channel
- Analog S/RF/SWR/Mod Meter - Power and SWR meters both built in
- Variable Talk-Back Feature - Hear your voice through the speaker while transmitting
- Roger Beep - End of transmission is easily confirmed
- Variable Power Output - Control the power of your transmission signal
- High-SWR Alert - Alerts you to potentially damaging SWR levels
- Clarifier Control - Tune in SSB signals with more accuracy
- Automatic SWR Circuit - Automatically calibrates the SWR meter
- PA Capabilities - Use your CB as a public address system with an added speaker
- Mic Gain Control - Adjust mic transmission strength for optimal quality and power
- RF Gain Control - Control receiving sensitivity to pull in or block out faint signals
- Display Dimmer - Control the brightness of your display
- ANL - Filters out engine noise and improves sound quality
- Dimensions - 7-7/8" W x 9-1/4" D x 2-1/8" H
- Warranty - Two-year limited manufacturer's warranty
Compare features of the DX959 against other Galaxy models: Feature Comparison Chart.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Galaxy requires that all radios needing repair or warranty work be shipped directly to them by the customer after purchase. Do to their requirements, we are unable to accept returns on Galaxy radios after purchase.