Galaxy DX 959
- The best unit Galaxy offers with a five-digit frequency counter and long-range SSB performance
- Jampacked with features including automatic SWR calibration and an illuminated meter
It’s okay to want it all. That’s why Galaxy designed the DX 959. It’s for the CBer that insists on having a rig that’s literally out of this world. Top notch features include an end-of-transmission roger beep, variable output power, RF gain, PA, high-SWR alert, mic gain, clarifier control (delta tune), talk back, automatic SWR calibration for simpler antenna tuning and, of course, long-range SSB operations. Good news if you plan on doing some stargazing: the easy-to-read meter is even illuminated for evening rides. To see how the DX 959 compares to other Galaxy radios, see our Galaxy Feature Comparison Chart.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Galaxy requires customers to ship all radios needing repair or warranty work directly to the manufacturer (Galaxy) after purchase. This includes radios that arrive defective. Due to this policy, we are unable to accept returns on Galaxy radios.
|Model / SKU:
|Users who want the benefit of long-range SSB communications in a full-featured radio. Most commonly used with semis, pick-ups and other vehicles with ample room for mounting a full-sized radio. Not recommended for industrial or high-impact use.
|Public Address, Built-in SWR, Single Side Band (SSB), Delta Tune, Dynamike Boost, High SWR Indicator, Noise Reduction (NB/ANL), RF Gain
|Compatible with all CB antennas on the market. Radio mounts with "U" mounting bracket to any flat surface. Single Side Band (SSB) transmissions utilize the frequencies just above and below the standard 40 CB channels, can legally transmit at 12 watts (instead of 4 watts for standard CBs), and can achieve significantly improved range. SSB radios can communicate on the standard 40 CB AM channels with all CB users, but are only able to use SSB for long-range communication if BOTH parties have an SSB-equipped radio.
|7-7/8" W x 9-1/4" D x 2-1/8" H
|To download / view the manual please click here.
The DX 959 is Galaxy's most popular CB radio due to its SSB operations and large five-digit frequency counter. With a host of other great features, this is a great radio to have if you're looking for a full-function SSB unit that can be fine-tuned.
- AM and SSB Operations - Increased range with Single Side Band (SSB) operations
- Five-Digit Frequency Counter - Large readout of your current channel
- Analog S/RF/SWR/Mod Meter - Power and SWR meters both built in
- Variable Talk-Back Feature - Hear your voice through the speaker while transmitting
- Roger Beep - End of transmission is easily confirmed
- Variable Power Output - Control the power of your transmission signal
- High-SWR Alert - Alerts you to potentially damaging SWR levels
- Clarifier Control/Delta Tune - Tune in SSB signals with more accuracy
- Automatic SWR Circuit - Automatically calibrates the SWR meter
- PA Capabilities - Use your CB as a public address system with an added speaker
- Mic Gain Control - Adjust mic transmission strength for optimal quality and power
- RF Gain Control - Control receiving sensitivity to pull in or block out faint signals
- Display Dimmer - Control the brightness of your display
- ANL - Filters out engine noise and improves sound quality
- Dimensions - 7-7/8" W x 9-1/4" D x 2-1/8" H
- Warranty - Two-year limited manufacturer's warranty
Compare features of the DX959 against other Galaxy models: Feature Comparison Chart.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Galaxy requires that all radios needing repair or warranty work be shipped directly to them by the customer after purchase. Do to their requirements, we are unable to accept returns on Galaxy radios after purchase.
Been using the dx 959 for a month or so no issue other drivers say can hear me extremely well
I use the first on in my Jeep JK for 9 years. Added one to my New Jeep Gladiator. I use a 102 whip antenna. The reception and transmission is crisp and clear. I hunt the Oregon Cascade on the West Side. I am able to transmit and receive on the AM side very good. The SSB side, never fails! I get up on a ridge and transmit and receive into the canyons well in dense wooded areas. Fun to play with. Easy to use.
great radio love it
I've had a CB license since 1960 I started running Galaxy radios I'm not sure when they start making them 20 25 years ago but I find that the Galaxy 959 is one of the best ones on the market today and anybody you talk to that has been in CB for any length of time will tell you that Galaxy radio is top of the line
I was using a 30 year old Midland that I still love but I now realize it's limitations. The galaxy 959 is a amazing unit. I have way more range with this radio and it is everything it is purported to be and more. Don't think twice about buying a 959, just do it. I promise you won't regret it!