This 17' coax cable is to be used for NGP (no ground plane) antenna applications only! Use it to replace damaged NGP coax. Compatible with Firestik's K-4, R-4 or any other lug-style antenna stud.
|Model / SKU:||Firestik K-8 NGP|
|Coax Type:||No Ground Plane - This coax must be paired with NGP (no ground plane) antenna|
|Connection Type:||Terminal Ring|
|Product Details:||This 17' NGP coax cable will work great with your NGP antenna. If you've damaged your no-ground plane coax cable, the Firestik K-8 NGP is a great replacement.|
|Compatible with all NGP (no ground plane) antennas.|
- 17 foot Coax cable for NGP applications
- Uses screw-on terminal end to attach to mounting surface
- Stranded center conductor to maximize flexibility and prevent untimely breakage
- Shielding coverage that averages 95% to protect against RF leaks and interference
- Polyvinyl center insulation for ruggedness and longevity
- Performance that exceeds mil-spec requirements for 50 ohm RG-58A/U coax
- One-year manufacturer's warranty
Exactly what I needed
Ring connector is of interior quality, but this seems to be uniform from Firestick.
The NGP coax cable salved the problems i was having with high SWRs on my Can Am Spyder. The final test gave me 1.8 on channel 1 and 40 and 1.3 on channel 20.Beings i use the channels in the middle of the bands i am satisfied. Wish the SWRs were lower on channel 1 and 40.. I started out with SWRs at all most 3. You do have to use a NGP antenna with this cable.
Great product and excellent install directions