Cobra 29 LTD Chrome AM/FM
- A bestseller gets a sleek makeover with a special-edition chrome interface
- Feature-packed CB includes PA, built-in SWR, RF Gain and more
The most popular CB radio in history has a new look! The special-edition "Chrome" Cobra 29 LTD AM/FM has the same reliable build with a few new features. Encased in a chrome cabinet with an embossed cobra on top and featuring blue LED lights, the Cobra 29 looks sleek and stylish. The special edition microphone is also encased in chrome to match the radio. Regardless of the new look, the Cobra 29's most impressive feature is its rugged reliability. Communicate with other CB users in style using the Chrome edition of the Cobra 29 LTD.
|Model / SKU:
|Use in pick-up trucks, semis and other vehicles with ample room for mounting a full-sized radio. Ideal for the CB user who wants something a little different from the traditional CB. Regardless of the new look, the Cobra 29 is a feature-packed radio that will stand the test of time.
|Public Address, Built-in SWR, Delta Tune, Dynamike Boost, High SWR Indicator, Instant Channel 9/19, Noise Reduction (NB/ANL), RF Gain, Tactile Controls
|Compatible with all CB antennas on the market. Cable connection utilizes standard CB PL-259 connection. Radio mounts with "U" mounting bracket to any flat surface.
|7.25" W x 8.63" D x 2.25" H
|To download / view the manual, please click here.
Dual-Mode AM/FM Newly Added!
The Cobra 29 Chrome adds a chrome radio cabinet, chrome microphone, blue channel LEDs and signal strength meter. Professional driver-requested improvements include a front panel microphone connector (for convenient in-dash installation), a 9-foot microphone cord (for easy reach anywhere within the cab), and tactile controls (for added convenience and safety when adjusting functions). It's the number one choice of professional drivers. Other Cobra 29 LTD Series models available include the Cobra 29 LTD Classic, NightWatch Cobra 29 LTD, and Cobra 29 LX.
- Special-Editions Features - Beautiful chrome styling, blue channel LEDs and signal strength meter
- Includes all standard 29 LTD Features:
- SWR Calibration - Allows calibration of antenna system for maximum performance
- 9-Foot Microphone Cord - For easy reach within any area of the vehicle
- Front Microphone Connector - Allows convenient installation in or under dash
- Adjustable Dynamike Boost - Dynamically boosts microphone for increased voice clarity
- Tactile Controls - Allows you to feel where the dial is in its rotation without taking your eyes off the road
- PA Capability - Use your CB radio as a public address system with PA speaker; incoming signals can also be monitored through PA
- RF Gain - Adjusts receive gain in weak and strong signal areas
- Switchable Noise Blanker - For increased noise reduction
- Dimmer Control - Adjusts brightness of the front panel, channel display and signal strength meter
- 4 Watts AM RF Power Output - The maximum allowed by law
- Antenna Warning Indicator - Illuminates when antenna needs checking
- Instant Channel 9 - Instant access to emergency channel 9
- Delta Tune - Used to clarify incoming signals
I traded it in for a General Lee
Great people to do business with the cobra 29 Ltd crime is the best radio on the market
I have had this radio for one week. I hooked it up the first day in conjunction with a K40 Magnet mount antenna. I did the calibration for the antenna with the built in SWR meter which was handy. This is my first CB Radio so I am still working on getting the delta tune and other controls just right - I hope to reach out and communicate long distances. So far I do not have a bad word to say about the radio - It looks nice and works well. Word of advise - if you mount it on your dash consider a window shade as the chrome gets HOT! I was worried about the sun catching a reflection off the chrome case and blinding me while I am driving but it hasn't happened yet! 5 stars from me - Service and shipping was good.
I am very happy with my radio, Cobra 29LTD Chrome. It's exactly what I had expected and fit perfectly where I wanted it to go. The biggie for me is the black and chrome pattern, it had to match my truck and it looks great. But on the other hand the only thing I don't like is how bright the lights are, after even a short 2 hr drive it started to give me a headache but I have modifications plans for that (I'm making it green instead of blue, it'll match better). How do I use it? I use it talking on the radio. In places where you can't talk on the cell phone and drive or places you get stuck and hope someone with a CB Radio has a truck bigger than yours to pull you out. Rating I'd say 4.5 out of 5.