Galaxy DX 929
- This CB has the same features of the Galaxy 919 with an added backlit display
- Includes variable output power, RF gain, PA and more
Galaxy's StarLite backlit faceplate illuminates all lettering, making fumbling in the dark for the right knob a thing of the past. The oversize, easy-to-read meter measures modulation, power and SWR and is illuminated for easy night viewing. Like all Galaxy radios, it includes variable output power, RF gain, PA, high-SWR alert, mic gain, talk back and automatic SWR calibration for simpler antenna tuning. An external frequency counter can also be added using the built-in port. To see how the DX 929 compares to other Galaxy radios, please see this Galaxy Feature Comparison Chart.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Galaxy requires customers to ship all radios needing repair or warranty work directly to the manufacturer (Galaxy) after purchase. This includes radios that arrive defective. Due to this policy, we are unable to accept returns on Galaxy radios.
|Model / SKU:||Galaxy DX929|
|Recommended for:||Most commonly used with semis and pick-up trucks, though the midsize chassis is small enough to be practical in cars, SUVs and vans. Not recommended for industrial, high-impact use.|
|Radio Features:||Public Address, Backlit Display, Built-in SWR, Dynamike Boost, High SWR Indicator, Noise Reduction (NB/ANL), RF Gain|
|Compatible with all CB antennas on the market. Cable connection utilizes standard CB PL-259 connection. Radio mounts with "U" mounting bracket to any flat surface.|
|7-1/4" W x 9" D x 2-1/4" H|
|To download / view the manual, please click here.|
The DX 929 radio features Galaxy's backlit StarLite display, making night operation a breeze. A relatively small chassis and a number of great features makes the DX 929 an attractive choice for anyone looking for a high-quality radio.
- StarLite Illuminated Display - Makes night operation safe and easy
- Analog S/RF/SWR/Mod meter - Power and SWR meters both built in
- Talk-Back Feature - Hear your voice through the speaker while transmitting
- Variable Power Output - Control the power of your transmission signal
- High-SWR Alert - Alerts you to potentially damaging SWR levels
- Automatic SWR Circuit - Automatically calibrates the SWR meter
- PA Capabilities - Use your CB as a public address system with an added speaker
- Mic Gain Control- Adjust mic transmission strength for optimal quality and power
- RF Gain Control - Control receiving sensitivity to pull in or block out faint signals
- Display Dimmer - Control the brightness of your display
- ANL - Filters out engine noise and improves sound quality
- Dimensions - 7-1/4" W x 9" D x 2-1/4" H
- Warranty - Two-year limited manufacturer's warranty
Compare features of the DX 929 to other Galaxy models: Feature Comparison Chart.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Galaxy requires customers to ship all radios needing repair or warranty work directly to the manufacturer (Galaxy) after purchase. Due to this policy, we are unable to accept returns on Galaxy radios.
Great service, fantastic. My dx 929 sits on dashboard. When it gets to hot it loses significant volume. Oherwise a great CB.
Fantastic out of the box. I got one and ordered another a week later. One in GMC Yukon and the other in a Mack Work Truck. First Galaxy Radios I have ever bought but not the last.
Goodbye Cobra! This Galaxy radio was easily tuned to Wilson 500. Wilson blew out my Cobra while trying to tune it. Great range for a standard CB radio. Still don't know what Talkback Hi-Lo is but someday I'll find out. :)
I wanted a CB with a built in SWR tuner in it plus one that is on the smaller side. Well,this radio did the trick! It's small enough to keep under my seat when I'm not using it or I usually just lean up against my console as we'll. I don't unhook it from the antenna or anything. It is however light enough to mount with Velcro strips if I choose to. Controls show nicely in the dark with the back light display. Great radio for the novice like myself and pairs nicely with my Lil Will antenna! I highly recommend this radio!
This is the best deal on a quality radio you will find! It tunes up great! I have made contacts over 500 miles away when the conditions are good.