Midland 75-785 Handheld CB Radio
- A rugged, reliable handheld radio that's ideal for hunters and motorcycle riders
- Keeps you in contact even in harsh conditions
- Includes a flexible antenna for clear transmit
The Midland 75-785 is a perfect fit for CB users who need a reliable, rugged handheld radio that will keep you in short-range contact with your group though harsh conditions. Included with the radio is a flexible antenna and built-in noise control which helps you receive clear transmissions. Power this mobile unit with the included DC adapter, 9 AA batteries, or rechargable NiCad batteries. You can also attach standard headphones using the 3.5mm accessory plug. If you are looking for an affordable handheld CB radio that will get the job done, the Midland 75-875 is a great choice.
|Model / SKU:||Midland 75-785|
|Recommended for:||Use on job sites, hunting camps, or car pools where short-range communication (under one mile) is acceptable. However, you can attach the Midland 75-785 to a mobile CB antenna using a BNC connector, which will increase your range.|
|Radio Features:||Backlit Display, Noise Reduction (NB/ANL)|
|Compatible with CB antennas that use standard handheld CB threads. Also compatible with mobile CB antennas through the use of a BNC connector. (Using a larger CB antenna will significantly increase communication range.) The BNC connector is compatible with the standard CB PL-259 connection.|
|7" H x 2.55" W x 2" D|
|To download / view the manual, please click here.|
- Rugged Construction - Durable radio built to go wherever you go
- 4-Watt Output Power - Delivers maximum communication range
- PLL Channel Selection - Pinpoint accurate tuning
- Squelch Control - Eliminates unwanted background noise
- HI/LO Power - Reduces power consumption for short-range communication to preserve battery life
- Built in Automatic Noise Control - Eliminates background noise
- Built-in Electrostat Electronic Microphone - for clear, crisp voice quality
- External Power - Radio can be powered from DC sources (cars, trucks, RV's or boats)
- Charge Jack - Nickel cadmium batteries can be charged without removing them from the radio
- Uses 9AA alkalines ,rechargeable NiCad batteries, or 12V DC adapter (included) - for clear, crisp voice quality
- Flexible, Removable Antenna with BNC connector
- External Accessory Jack
- Radio Weight: .55 lbs
Very very staticy
works real good
I did a range test this morning even we were 3 miles apart. My signal strength from the Midland to my base station at home was 6+ db or 6 pounds has we used to say in the old days. I had no problem hearing my base station. Always remember even you are giving the other party 6+ db signal strength, you are transmitting much farther maybe up 10,15,20 or 30 miles+, even with no signal strength people still can hear you.My Mod was loud and clear, I would highly say this is radio is very good on TX and RX.
I have 2 of these radio's and with a 19" rubber duck antenna and my son and use it and it TX and RX really good. With just the stock antenna that came with radio the RX is very good. Great radio for a Bug Out. or to use in your car. Radio is only 10% and the antenna is 90% will depend how well your radio perform.
I bought several of these radios for our community watch group and so far they have performed great.
I am able to transmit and receive our base station from almost a mile away with very little static.
I recommend these radios, they are well built and work really good.