Uniden Pro 510 XL
- Our top-pick for an incredibly durable, compact (and surprisingly affordable) CB radio
- Extremely popular for industrial, commercial & off-road use
- Easily fits in any vehicle and is one of the most popular CBs on the market
We’re replacing the saying “tough as nails” to be “tough as the Uniden Pro”. There’s no bump, riverbed, sand dune or pit that can touch this rig. A sturdy, rugged option for off-road or industrial use, this heavy-duty CB is great for every application with basic CB functions and an ANL noise filter to reduce electrical or engine noise. Consider the Uniden’s big brother model, the 520 XL CB radio, if you need PA capabilities or RF gain.
|Model / SKU:||Uniden PRO510XL|
|Recommended for:||Off-road or industrial use. The compact Uniden Pro 510 XL will easily fit in any vehicle and is one of the most popular and durable CB radios on the market.|
|Radio Features:||Backlit Display, Noise Reduction (NB/ANL)|
|Compatible with all CB antennas on the market. Cable connection utilizes standard CB PL-259 connection. Radio mounts with "U" mounting bracket to any flat surface.|
|4-1/2" W x 6-3/4" D x 1-3/8" H|
|To download / view the manual please click here.|
Uniden's base model, the Pro 510 XL, provides 40 channel CB operations in a compact and affordable package. Ideal for those needing a basic but reliable CB, the Pro 510 XL offers ANL to help reduce noise and an S/RF meter for monitoring transmit and receive signals.
- 40 Channel Operations - Operates on all 40 standard CB channels
- Squelch Control - Improves communication quality and cuts down on background noise
- Channel Indicator - Easily observe the current operating channel
- S/RF Meter - Monitor transmission and reception signal strength
- ANL Switch - Filters out engine noise and improves sound quality
- Dimensions - 4-1/2" W x 6-3/4" D x 1-3/8" H
- Warranty - Two-year limited manufacturer's warranty
Uniden Pro 510 XL
A great little CB with a sturdy build; just what I needed! I use this with an old K40 [57.25" mast] magnetic mount which a friend SWR tuned to the new Uniden.
Hat's off to Right Channel Radios and Uniden
Here's my total review of the Uniden 510 XL. *****!
1. Size. 4-1/2" W x 6-3/4" D x 1-3/8" H makes it perfect for the side pocket in my 2017 Honda H-RV, my pickup, and most importantly my 2006 Honda 350 Rancher where it's mounted on top of the handlebars and plugged into the 12 volt cigarette lighter accessory port. I use a 3' fiberglass whip mounted with a spring on my rear rack. I'm thinking about moving that to the front where it will also knock down spider webs in the woods and on trails. I get 3-4 miles range in the mountains. *****
2. The supplied microphone does OK and has great modulation. With a power microphone, it's as loud as the big rig cb's and I get great reports from a nearby interstate. *****
3. The ANL(Automatic Noise Limiter) does a fantastic job in areas with bad power line or engine noise! Reception is also great. Set squelch and forget it. *****
4. Easy to mount. I use tie wraps that will break away in case it takes a hard knock. These radios are built very tough! *****
5. Audio is great! It has a speaker jack in case I want to use an external speaker or wear headphones under my helmet. As I said above, the ANL does it's job extremely well! *****
6. Controls could be a bit larger, but the LED readout for channels, signal strength, and transmit power/modulation work perfectly even in bright areas. Power out is awesome! 4 watts legal limit does a great job! ****
7. This radio, with a mirror mount for mounting a spring loaded antenna to my ATV racks, and you're ready for the trail or farm work. Another one can be used as a simple base unit with a small 12 volt 1.5 amp power supply and antenna. In all cases, the longer the antenna, the greater the range. A 102" stainless whip can easily reach to 10 miles +!!! I started ouOKWith 2 and now have three 510 XL CB's. Portability *****
8. I'll say this again. Very tough! *****
9. Very low price for a CB. *****
10. I have had CB's since back in the 70's and can honestly say I like the over all construction and quality that make these tougher than any other I've owned. I wouldn't put any other radio on a ATV. There's nothing inside to shake loose. *****
Works great, shipment came sooner than promised.
A very well made radio that has all the basic functions I'll ever need. My only complaint was that the power wires were too short and had to be extended. Other than that it had all the instructions I needed to install and a pamphlet to teach proper etiquette.