Cobra 29 LX
- Cobra’s modern CB with a full multicolor display
- Offers classic CB operations, ideal for the rookie rig or a professional looking for all the fixings
We think every generation is “the great one”. Just look at the greasers from the 1950s. Or those free love folks from the 70s. And let’s not forget the acid wash denim jacket wearers that swept that nation in the 80s. We get it. There’s just something about the good old days and it's hard to move on. But there’s a lot to be said for the next generation too.
Enter the Cobra 29 LX—the most innovative iteration of CBs that Cobra has ever created. Cobra devotees may long for the old school strength meter or the classic chrome face, but don’t get too caught up in nostalgia or you might just miss the next best thing. The full-face, digital and multicolor display, which can be set to your preference of four colors, offers information on the current channel, transmission and reception strength, and SWR levels. You’ve also got access to the latest weather alerts with NOAA channels as well as all other major CB operations. In other words, it’s totally boss.
|Model / SKU:||Cobra 29 LX|
|Recommended for:||Use in pick-up trucks, semi trucks and other vehicles with ample room for mounting a full-sized radio. The Cobra 29 LX is perfect for professional and amateur CB users who want a quality, full-featured CB radio!|
|Radio Features:||Weather, Backlit Display, Built-in SWR, Delta Tune, Dynamike Boost, High SWR Indicator, Instant Channel 9/19, Noise Reduction (NB/ANL), RF Gain, Tactile Controls|
|Compatible with all CB antennas on the market. Cable connection utilizes standard CB PL-259 connection. Radio mounts with "U" mounting bracket to any flat surface.|
|7.6" W x 8.6" D x 2.5" H|
|To download / view the manual please click here.|
We just received the new Cobra 29 LX Radio. Due to the popularity of the Cobra 29 LX LE (Limited Edition), Cobra decided to permanently add this radio to its product line. These in-demand radios have been difficult to get a hold of and may not be available for long!
- Massive, Multicolor Digital Display - The enormous display offers information on all radio functions, can be set to one of four colors and can be dimmed for night driving
- NOAA Weather Channels - Offers instant access to national weather channels and alerts you to severe weather conditions, even if not specifically monitoring weather channels
- Channel Scanning - Never before offered on the Cobra 29 line, the Cobra 29 LX LE can automatically scan all 40 channels for transmissions and stop when activity is found
- Radio Check Diagnostic - Provides information on critical CB aspects such as battery voltage, RF power and antenna condition
- Adjustable Talk Back - Hear your own transmissions as others do with talk back, a feature that broadcasts your outgoing transmissions through the radio's internal speaker
- Adjustable Dynamike Boost - Dynamically boosts microphone for increased voice clarity
- Tactile Controls - Allows you to feel where the dial is in its rotation without taking your eyes off the road
- RF Gain - Adjusts receive gain in weak and strong signal areas
Great Service.. Fast And On Time..
It's a great radio, recive is strong, stronger than my cobra 148. Right now it is paired with a willson 5000 mag mount. I got mine 2nd hand so I've never had it when it was new or stock. Mine was made in 2007 I got it in 2015 and it was already peaked and tuned and had an echo board installed. The only complaint I have is the talkback is not very loud. But its now been in 3 different pickups since I've owned it and has no issues what so ever.
Great radio for your truck...
Lovely looking set...
Mounted in my pickup. Works great. I travel on I5 daily and this keeps me aware of any problems with traffic. I've had no issues with it.
i have to say, the Cobra has held up very well, sounds good, i upgraded to a whip as i travel a lot in remote places. it looks cool, works well. i like the occasional reach of SSB on my other radio, but in all honesty, i rarely meet others with SSB, so i dont use it much and the sound is usually not as clear.
i find that while im scanning on SSB.....am i missing things on CB? so i have to say the Cobra is easy to use, and is really all you need.