|Model / SKU:||Uniden PC78ELITE|
|Recommended for:||Users who want a fully equipped, full-sized CB radio! Recommended for use in semis, pick-up trucks, commercial vehicles and other large rigs with enough room to mount a full-sized CB chassis.|
|Radio Features:||Weather, Public Address, Backlit Display, Built-in SWR|
|Other Features:||Delta Tune, Dynamike Boost, High SWR Indicator, Instant Channel 9/19, Noise Reduction (NB/ANL), RF Gain|
|Compatible with:||Compatible with all CB antennas on the market. Cable connection utilizes standard CB PL-259 connection. Radio mounts with "U" mounting bracket to any flat surface.|
|Manufacturer Warranty:||Two Years|
|Radio Dimensions:||7 5/16 wide x 2 3/16 high x 8 11/16 deep|
The PC78 Elite includes all the features of its younger sibling -- the PC68 Elite -- plus a few extras, such as an antenna warning light, SWR meter and backlight dimmer. Users will also appreciate the included high-quality microphone, abundant weather channels, off-channel weather alerts and nine-foot mic cord.
- Antenna Warning Light - Quickly alerts you to antenna problems or failure
- Ergonomic Microphone - Enjoy the standard high-quality, comfortable microphone
- 7 NOAA Weather Channels - Find local weather information as you travel across the U.S.
- Weather Alerts - Receive tone-based alerts for severe weather, even when operating on non-weather channels
- Dynamic Squelch Control - Improves communication quality and cuts down on background noise
- Mic Gain Control - Adjust sensitivity for optimal transmission quality
- RF Gain Control - Control receiving sensitivity to pull in or block out faint signals
- PA/CB Switch - Easily switch between CB transmissions and PA output
- Nine-Foot Mic Cord - A long cord gives you the freedom to mount and use your CB throughout your cab
- Backlit Controls and Display - Makes night operation simple and safe
- Display Dimmer - Control the brightness of your backlit display
- Instant Channel 9 - Access the emergency channel quickly and easily with a single switch
- 40 Channel Operations - Operates on all 40 standard CB channels
- Channel Indicator - Easily see the current channel
- Analog S/RF/SWR Meter - Power and SWR meters both built-in
- Dimensions - 7-9/32" W x 8-57/64" D x 2-13/64" H
- Warranty - Two-year extended manufacturer's warranty
Fantastic!Review by Dave
Great full feature radio that works great in my Jeep. RCR is awesome!Review by Christopher A.
order for a Uniden Bearcat PC-78 Elite, a 4' Firestik antenna and FireRing FME coax.
I had been looking at a Cobra 75 WX St, but opted instead to go "old school" and get a full featured model. The Uniden PC-78 turned out to be just about infinitely adjustable. Sure, it has a bigger form factor, but mounted to the roof of my Jeep, I had plenty of room to work with. The Firestik antenna was the FS variety, and could be tuned at the end. This was very handy, and the only way to go in my opinion. And the FireRing coax just mad interfacing the two so much easier. A FireRing Compatible CB Antenna Stud rounded out the system.
Delivery was very fast, but while I waited I brushed up on what I thought I needed to know about installs, etc., on their web CB Radio Resources. I had no idea about tuning CB systems, but had it all in the noggin when the time came to put it in. Glad I did, because it all went perfect, and the tuning was spot on. Now I use the system routinely to talk with fellow Jeepers on-trail. In fact, my setup bests many other "tossed-in" jobs. Now I find myself referring others to Right Channel for how-to info. The only down side to my outfit is I can barely hear distant fellow Jeepers, but they can sure hear me! Thanks!
(Posted on December 27, 2011)
Good, long lasting radio.Review by Joe Konboz
(Written 6/25/2009) (Posted on December 27, 2011)
Full Featured Radio!Review by Benno F
(Posted on December 27, 2011)