Galaxy DX 979
- Galaxy's smallest SSB-capable radio and the only model with a backlit display
- Offers long-range performance and a full feature set
Galaxy's StarLite backlit faceplate illuminates all lettering, making fumbling in the dark for the right knob a thing of the past. In addition to the long-range performance SSB makes possible, the Galaxy DX 979 packs a full feature set, including variable output power, RF gain, PA, high-SWR alert, mic gain, clarifier control (delta tune), talk back and automatic SWR calibration for simpler antenna tuning. The oversize, easy-to-read illuminated meter measures modulation, power and SWR. An external frequency counter can be easily added using the built-in port. To see how the DX 979 compares to other Galaxy radios, please see this Galaxy Feature Comparison Chart.
NOTE: Galaxy requires customers to ship all radios needing repair or warranty work directly to the manufacturer (Galaxy) after purchase. Due to this policy, we are unable to accept returns on Galaxy radios.
|Model / SKU:||Galaxy DX979|
|Recommended for:||Users who want the benefit of long-range SSB communications in a relatively compact radio. Most commonly used with semis and pick-up trucks, though the midsize chassis is small enough to also be practical in cars, SUVs and vans. Not recommended for industrial, high-impact use.|
|Radio Features:||Public Address, Backlit Display, Built-in SWR, Single Side Band (SSB), Delta Tune, Dynamike Boost, High SWR Indicator, Noise Reduction (NB/ANL), RF Gain|
|Compatible with all CB antennas on the market. Radio mounts with "U" mounting bracket to any flat surface. Single Side Band (SSB) transmissions utilize the frequencies just above and below the standard 40 CB channels, can legally transmit at 12 watts (instead of 4 watts for standard CBs), and can achieve significantly improved range. SSB radios can communicate on the standard 40 CB AM channels with all CB users, but are only able to use SSB for long-range communication if BOTH parties have an SSB-equipped radio.|
|7-1/4" W x 9" D x 2-1/4" H|
|To download / view the manual, please click here.|
The DX 979 features AM/SSB operations with a StarLite backlit display in a small, mobile chassis. If you're looking for a compact SSB unit with all the bells and whistles, this is the radio for you!
- AM and SSB Operations - Increased range with Single Side Band (SSB) operations
- StarLite Illuminated Display - Makes night operation safe and easy
- Clarifier Control - Tune in SSB signals with more accuracy
- Analog S/RF/SWR/Mod meter - Power and SWR meters both built in
- Variable Talk-Back Feature - Hear your voice through the speaker while transmitting
- Variable Power Output - Control the power of your transmission signal
- High-SWR Alert - Alerts you to potentially damaging SWR levels
- Automatic SWR Circuit - Automatically calibrates the SWR meter
- PA Capabilities - Use your CB as a public address system with an added speaker
- Mic Gain Control - Adjust mic transmission strength for optimal quality and power
- RF Gain Control - Control receiving sensitivity to pull in or block out faint signals
- Display Dimmer - Control the brightness of your display
- ANL - Filters out engine noise and improves sound quality
- Dimensions - 7-1/4" W x 9" D x 2-1/4" H
- Warranty - Two-year limited manufacturer's warranty
Compare features of the DX979 to other Galaxy models: Feature Comparison Chart.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Galaxy requires that all radios needing repair or warranty work be shipped directly to them by the customer after purchase. Do to their requirements, we are unable to accept returns on Galaxy radios after purchase.