|Model / SKU:||Galaxy DX959|
|Recommended for:||Users who want the benefit of long-range SSB communications in a full-featured radio. Most commonly used with semis, pick-ups and other vehicles with ample room for mounting a full-sized radio. Not recommended for industrial or high-impact use.|
|Radio Features:||Built-in SWR, Single Side Band (SSB), Public Address|
|Other Features:||Delta Tune, Dynamike Boost, High SWR Indicator, Noise Reduction (NB/ANL), RF Gain|
|Compatible with:||Compatible with all CB antennas on the market. Radio mounts with "U" mounting bracket to any flat surface. Single Side Band (SSB) transmissions utilize the frequencies just above and below the standard 40 CB channels, can legally transmit at 12 watts (instead of 4 watts for standard CBs), and can achieve significantly improved range. SSB radios can communicate on the standard 40 CB AM channels with all CB users, but are only able to use SSB for long-range communication if BOTH parties have an SSB-equipped radio.|
|Manufacturer Warranty:||Two Years|
|Radio Dimensions:||7-7/8" W x 9-1/4" D x 2-1/8" H|
The DX 959 is Galaxy's most popular CB radio due to its SSB operations and large five-digit frequency counter. With a host of other great features, this is a great radio to have if you're looking for a full-function SSB unit that can be fine-tuned.
- AM and SSB Operations - Increased range with Single Side Band (SSB) operations
- Five-Digit Frequency Counter - Large readout of your current channel
- Analog S/RF/SWR/Mod Meter - Power and SWR meters both built in
- Variable Talk-Back Feature - Hear your voice through the speaker while transmitting
- Roger Beep - End of transmission is easily confirmed
- Variable Power Output - Control the power of your transmission signal
- High-SWR Alert - Alerts you to potentially damaging SWR levels
- Clarifier Control/Delta Tune - Tune in SSB signals with more accuracy
- Automatic SWR Circuit - Automatically calibrates the SWR meter
- PA Capabilities - Use your CB as a public address system with an added speaker
- Mic Gain Control - Adjust mic transmission strength for optimal quality and power
- RF Gain Control - Control receiving sensitivity to pull in or block out faint signals
- Display Dimmer - Control the brightness of your display
- ANL - Filters out engine noise and improves sound quality
- Dimensions - 7-7/8" W x 9-1/4" D x 2-1/8" H
- Warranty - Two-year limited manufacturer's warranty
Compare features of the DX959 against other Galaxy models: Feature Comparison Chart.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Galaxy requires that all radios needing repair or warranty work be shipped directly to them by the customer after purchase. Do to their requirements, we are unable to accept returns on Galaxy radios after purchase.
Sweet Experience with Right Channel RadiosReview by Rob Rowlandson
After putting in my order I realized that I forgot to get an SWR meter. I sent a quick email to customer service and was looked after right away. I got the parts I missed and no extra service or shipping charges!
Shipping was fast! The package got to me in BC, Canada in great time. Radio, antenna and install gear was all well packaged. Mint condition upon arrival!
(Posted on October 23, 2012)
Excellent quality & features. Buy with confidence!Review by Kruser
(Written 9/26/2009) (Posted on December 27, 2011)
Has all the features needed by a 21st century CBer!Review by CBRadioMagazine.com
The Galaxy DX 959 is just jam-packed with features. This radio has more bells and whistles than most other CB's on the market, but more importantly, the features are all very useful. Things like variable power and talkback are modifications we used to have to add to our 148's and Grants, but technology and progress can be a wonderful thing and getting these additions straight from the factory is just awesome.
My only complaints about this radio are the lack of the 6th digit on the frequency counter and the slight drift on SSB, but those are things I can live with in exchange for a radio that comes with everything else I could ask for.
Throw in the fact that this radio just flat out rocks on AM and can handle itself on SSB and you've got a winner that will satisfy the needs of most CBers out there. For those people who run SSB 90% of the time, the complaints mentioned above might be enough to make you think twice about this radio, but for everyone else this radio will allow you to impress locals with audio and shoot some DX on SSB when you feel the itch.
It's no wonder the Galaxy DX 959 has been one of the best selling radios ever for Galaxy and hopefully they'll continue to produce radios like this one that really have all of the features that a 21st century CBer demands.
(Written 5/13/2009) (Posted on December 27, 2011)